Everyone is a winner.
All entrants have the opportunity to be recognized for their good ideas and to win prizes.
- First Prize (4 teams): U.S. EE Savings Bond worth $10,000* at maturity for each student
- Second Prize (4 teams): U.S. EE Savings Bond worth $5,000* at maturity for each student
- National Finalists (8 teams): An expense-paid trip to Washington, DC in June for ExploraVision Awards Weekend for each national winning student and his/her parents/guardians
- Regional Winners (24 teams): A Toshiba Camileo™ Camcorder for each student and an awards ceremony for each regional winning team at its school where the team will receive a winner's banner, plaque and other gifts
- Honorable Mention (500 teams): A unique prize and certificate for each student
- All Participants: A certificate of participation, gift and a special discount on Toshiba computer products for every student whose team submits a complete project
*U.S. EE Savings Bonds issue price is half their face value. First- and second-place Canadian winners receive Canada Savings Bonds purchased for the equivalent issue price in Canadian dollars. Canada bonds face value may vary based on current exchange rate (for $5,000 U.S. and $2,500 U.S.) at time of purchase.
Coaches & Mentors
- National Finalists: An expense-paid trip to Washington, DC in June for ExploraVision Awards Weekend for the coach and mentor of each national winning team and a one-year NSTA membership to coaches of the national winning teams. Additionally, national finalist coaches will receive an expense-paid trip to one of the NSTA conferences of their choice as an ExploraVision Ambassador. This will give educators an opportunity to learn and grow by attending valuable sessions at the conference
- Regional Winners: A Toshiba Camileo™ Camcorder for the coach and mentor of each regional winning team
- All Participants: A special discount on Toshiba computer products, certificate of participation and a gift for each coach and mentor of every team that submits a complete project
- Regional Winners: A Toshiba laptop for each of the schools of the regional winning teams