Many creative and excellent Projects are disqualified each year due to teams not following the rules.
Please ensure that teams "check off" and adhere to each item below before submitting to help ensure a qualified project. We encourage you to ask someone who has not been involved with the project to review for compliance.
- Project submission includes a Toshiba/NSTA ExploraVision Official Project Entry Form.
- Team consists of two, three or four student members and a coach. The mentor is optional.
- Each project includes an Abstract that is clearly labeled and precedes the Description on a separate page (not counted as part of the Description).
- Abstract is 150 words or less.
- Project title is at the top of the first page of the Description.
- The following sections in the Description are clearly labeled and presented in exactly the following order: Present Technology, History, Future Technology, Breakthroughs, Design Process and Consequences. The project will be disqualified if sections are missing or out of order.
- Description is no more than 11 pages.
- Project includes a Bibliography (not counted as part of the Description).
- Exactly five Sample Web Pages are submitted.
- ExploraVision Sample Web Page Form should be used for each web page mock up when they are hand drawn.
- ExploraVision Sample Web Page Form could be recrated when you create web pages in Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- A team could create a five page website before you become a Regional Winners. (not mandatory and optional)
- Student, coach, mentor and school names do not appear in the Abstract, Description, Bibliography or on the Sample Web Pages.
- Project is submitted in English.
- Description is typed and double spaced, on standard 8 1/2" × 11" white paper, with 1" margins.
- The font is a standard 12-point size or larger, but no larger than 18-point size.
- Completed project submissions, including all Sample Web Pages, must be received at NSTA by 11:59 pm EST, February 6, 2017.